Northmar, Inc. has established long term relationships with customers since 1952 and continues today. We’ve maintained relationships with some of our principals for over 30 years.
The original formation of this company was on April 1, 1952. The corporation was started by Robert A. Entrop and Ray Johnston. Mr. Johnston left the company in 1976. On August 1, 1976 the name was officially changed from the Ray Johnston Co. to Northmar, Inc.
On January 1 1991, Robert Jr., Richard and Russell Entrop purchased the corporation from Mr. and Mrs. R. A. Entrop.
Our product mix is electromechanical components and professional audio products:
Our Industrial manufacturers offer a wide range of products geared toward transportation, computer peripheral, medical, industrial and alternative energy.
Our audio products market focus is broadcast, studio, touring and live sound, commercial installations, custom home applications and installations, retail audio and custom audio/video installations.
To enhance our visibility in the marketplace and maintain our technical expertise, Northmar currently belongs to the Electronic Representatives Association (ERA), as well as other professional trade associations.
Our Sales Team
Our product lines and accounts are mostly divided between our sales engineers geographically. One sales person may have specific responsibilities for an account; however, we keep each other abreast of all significant activity so each of knows about all of our major accounts.
The sales territory covered includes the States of Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Alaska. The primary markets are Western Washington, Oregon and Montana with secondary coverage in Spokane, WA. Boise, ID. Tri-Cities, WA. and Anchorage, AK.